SoFA Design Institute offers a variety of educational formats to suit the needs and interests of more advanced students, including design professionals. One of our most popular is the “Master Class" series, which comprise a unique twist on the typical semester.
Rather than being taught by an individual professor with a singular focus, Master Classes are often divided into two or three complimentary segments - each led by a notable industry expert.
Participants in a Master Class are exposed to a challenging set of experiences that approach a given subject from a variety of interlocking perspectives.
Furniture Design Master Class
- Module 1: August 18 - September 22, 2018 | Saturdays | 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Module 2: September 29 - November 3, 2018 | Saturdays | 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Module 3: November 10 - December 15, 2018 | Saturday | 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Furniture Design Master Class is an intensive 18-week exploration on the discipline of product furiture design taught by three prominent designers with distinct points of views. Each module tackles different aspects in furniture design that can be taken in progression or in their own.
- Module 1: Design Conceptualization
- Module 2: Design and Production
- Module 3: Design and Business