The SoFA method of education is delivered by highly accomplished and trained industry practitioners.
This allows our students to get updated real-world knowledge and skills. We give our students a direct line to the industry, opening priceless doors and opportunities for students and graduates alike.
Arch. Tobias Guggenheimer
- University of Colorado, MA Architecture
- Binghamton University NY, BA English Literature
- Professor & ID Department Asst. Chair, Parsons New School of Design
- Head for Interior Design Program, Marymount College of Fordham University
- Asst. Professor & Administrator for Special Programs, Pratt Institute School of Architecture
Dean of SoFA Design Institute, Tobias Guggenheimer, is an architect, educator and published author. As president of the New York-based firm, Tobias Guggenheimer Architect, he has created a wide variety of high-end residential, commercial and hospitality projects, including several dozen designs in the legendary Village of Tuxedo Park, near New York City. Prior to joining SoFA Design Institute, Mr. Guggenheimer was a professor of design at Pratt Institute, Parsons School of Design and Fordham University. His book, A Taliesin Legacy: The Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright's Apprentices, was a selection of the month by the Architect's Book Club.
Assistant Academic Chairperson for Fashion
- AB Communication Arts, Ateneo De Manila University
- Istituto Marangoni Graduate, 1-Year Fashion Design
Monica Padilla graduated from Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications. She then studied at Istituto Marangoni, Milan where she took a 1-year Fashion Design program. She worked as the Assistant Designer for the in-house labels of Rustan’s charged to design for 7 brands ranging from infants, children’s, maternity, swimwear and ladies, until she became Head Designer for 2 brands. In 2012, she started teaching at SoFA Design Institute with a focus on illustration and design classes.
Assitant Academic Chairperson for Interior Design
IDr. Denise Ayado
- BS Interior Design Graduate, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Florence Institute of Design International Graduate, Masters in Interior Design
Denise Ayado is the creative director and co-founder of Eco-Chic Designs, an interior design firm and furniture design company focused on producing sustainably-designed spaces, furniture and furnishings. Denise graduated with a Masters in Interior Design from Florence Institute of Design International. She finished her BS Interior Design degree from the University of the Philippines, Diliman. Her experience covers varied interior design projects in residential, commercial and hospitality interiors locally and internationally.