1. Open to all SoFA Students and Alumni graduated from 2017 to 2018, 18 years of age and above. Former students must not be affiliated with any other design school during the competition period.
2. Full-time employees of SoFA Design Institute and its affiliates including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
3. Participants must have no prior record of public misdemeanor.
4. Applicants must agree to the Terms and Conditions as part of the application process, which includes a confirmation that applicant has carefully read these Contest Mechanics, that the applicant complies with the eligibility terms, and that applicant agrees that his/her application may be subjected to an eligibility validation.
5. Any misrepresentation, untruthful declaration, fabricated or falsified submission in relation to eligibility, once proven, can be grounds for disqualification.
6. DATA PRIVACY: Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal information as required on the Application Form. In the event that you do not provide such personal information, SoFA Design Institute and Aquafina Philippines may not be able to process your application. The personal information provided will be used for the purpose of your entry submission for the competition. The personal information collected will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent. The physical application forms of unsuccessful designers will be immediately disposed of, while the application forms of successful designers will form part of the event database of SoFA Design Institute and Pepsi - Cola Far East Trade Development Co. Ltd. for its brand Aquafina.
1. Create a capsule collection comprising 5 looks celebrating AQUAFINA THEME (5 looks on an A4 Board Type Sheet = Catwalk Row Format)
2. A brief description of the collection and prospective materials and fabrication to be used for production (Printed on separate A4 Board Type sheet/s)
3. A completed and signed SoFA x Application Form
4. A completed and signed SoFA x Terms & Conditions Form
5. Photocopy of a valid ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, School ID,etc.)
6. A4 Sheets must be free of names/other distinguishing markings (for the blind judging process)
7. All requirements must be placed in a Long Brown Envelope with the designer’s name and SoFA program written on the back part, upper left side, and submitted to the Student Affairs Office on or before June 24, 2019 at 6:00 PM.
1. All entries will be subjected to a blind-judging process with the panel composed of SoFA Design Institute, Francis Libiran and an Aquafina Representative to shortlist the entries to 10 finalists.
The theme is REFRESHING COLLECTION.
• The challenge is to create a collection inspired by PURE WATER.
• This look must be WEARABLE EVERY DAY, but also worthy of the runway.
• Create FIVE LOOKS FOR MEN AND WOMEN. Keep it light and fluid, with predominantly blue colors.
• This collection must look and feel as REFRESHING to the eyes as water is in this hot summer weather.
Judging Criteria will follow percentages below:
1. Creative Content/Design - 45%
2. Story/Collection Description/Presentation - 30%
3. Production Feasibility - 25%
2. Ten (10) SoFA designers will be selected to self-produce 3 looks as approved by the SoFA x Aquafina Team from their collection to be presented on the June 2019 Fashion Show. Aquafina will be providing financial allocations of PHP 10,000 each for the Top Ten designers to assist with production costs.
3. Production commencement will be on July 1, 2019 with Final Fitting to be scheduled before the week of July 30 (Where pieces must be complete & finished) in preparation for the fashion show.
4. The fashion show which will be held on June 2019 will be the culminating event for the competition. This will also determine the following prizes:
• Grand Prize Winner - a cash award of Php 100,000 and a magazine feature.
• 1st runner up - Php 60,000
• 2nd runner up – Php 40,000
• Other shortlisted contestants – Aquafina premium items