GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
1. The competition is open to architects and architecture students.
2. Applicants must be between the ages of 19 to 35 years old, and hold a degree in Architecture or be currently registered as a 3rd year to 5th year student in BS Architecture.
3. Applicants must be available to participate in two, three(3) full day mentoring sessions to be held in the following schedule within the corresponding cities:
3.1 Cebu Participants: September 6-8, 2019 and October 4-6, 2019
3.2 Baguio Participants: September 13-15, 2019 and October 11-13, 2019
RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Applicants must completely fill out the Application Form, which is available at SoFA Design Institute (G/F Enzo Bldg. 399 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines 1209), or upon request over e-mail (email@example.com).
2. Applicants must submit the accomplished Application Form along with the following attachments:
2.1 Design portfolio – collection of design work in which the applicant is either the sole creator, or at the least, a contributor; preferably design work related to his/her field of study
2.2 Copy of diploma (for graduates)
2.3 Proof of current school registration in the qualified programs (for 3rd to 5th year students)
3. Requirements should be submitted from July 22-August23, 2019 in physical form- either through physical portfolio or digital format in USB. Please place your documents in a brown letter sized envelope with the title: Architecture for Reconciliation Application.
4. Accepted digital file formats are JPG and PDF
5. Deadline for submission of applications is on August 23, 2019, 5:00PM
6. Baguio submissions should be physically submitted to: Concierge at G-1 Lodge Design Hotel, 2 Leonard Wood Rd., Baguio, 2600 Benguet (look for Mr. Alan Diaz)
7. Cebu submissions should be physically submitted to: Materials Innovation Center Hub, DOST S&T Complex, Cebu City, Cebu ( look for Ms Patricia Mendoza)
8. The Academic Chairperson for Interior Design, VP for Academics, and a DTI representative will review all qualified applications on August 27, 2019, 10:00am at SoFA Design Institute. Applications will be judged according to the following criteria:
8.1 Evidence of creativity (40%)
8.2 Expression of sufficient design exposure (40%)
8.3 Familiarity with technology of applicant's discipline (20%)
9. Shortlisted applicants will be notified via e-mail and SMS between August 28-September 2, 2019.
10. A maximum of sixteen (16) participants will be selected for each city.
11. Assigned venue and schedule for the mentoring session will be based on the applicant’s drop off submissions.
12. In the event that the shortlisted applicants are not available, the jury will choose the applicants next in line according to ranking.
13. In the event that the applicants’ ranking are in a tie, a representative from SoFA Design Institute will draw lots in the presence of a DTI representative.
14. Participants are required to attend two three (3) full day mentoring sessions to be held in the following schedule within the corresponding cities:
- 14.1 Cebu Participants: September 6-8, 2019 and October 4-6, 2019; Materials Innovation Center Hub, DOST S&T Complex, Cebu City, Cebu
- 14.2 Baguio
Participants: September 13-15, 2019 and October 11-13, 2019: G-1 Lodge Design Hotel, 2 Leonard Wood
Rd., Baguio, 2600 Benguet
15. Participants will be mentored by Architect
16. Selected participants will be randomly
grouped into pairs. In the event that the number of participants are uneven or
will not reach 10, participants will either be grouped into three or as individual
17. All teams will be presented with a
problem statement relating to the theme of “Architecture for Reconciliation”.
The mentoring sessions will revolve around helping each team create a design
solution for the problem statement.
18. Each team’s final design submission
must be completed and submitted to the Academic Department Office of SoFA Design Institute on October 30, 2019 via Google drive link including a PDF/JPG file as well as a PSD file.
submissions must be addressed to Denise Ayado (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Madeleine
Constantino (email@example.com ), Nika Daffon
(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ellice Bucog (email@example.com) of SoFA
Design Institute. Entries received later than the deadline, or are deemed
incomplete will be considered disqualified.
20. Final submissions must include the
20. 1Scaled plans, sections, elevations,
rendering/s, assembly details, materials, assembly process, design process,
group number, title and/or a physical model (Physical models will be submitted
to Denise Ayado on November 13, 2019
at 08:00 AM at SoFA Design Institute, G/F Enzo Bldg. 399 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave.,
Makati City, Philippines 1209)
20.2 Written description of the proposed
design solution (maximum of 150 words)
21. All final submissions will be presented
to and reviewed by a jury of five
(5) voting members on November 13, 2019, 10:00am, in the
presence of a DTI representative.
22. During the Jury Review, the members of
the jury will view the participants’ boards.
Presentation materials must be developed following this specification:
22.1 Each board must measure 100 x 210 cm.
23. After the jury views all the boards,
they will deliberate before individual scoring.
24. The jury will evaluate the
submissions per the established criteria upon a
scorecard and will vote to determine the ranking for the winner for each city.
24.1 Design Concept (35%) – the design solution is original,
appropriate, attractive, and compelling
Technical Feasibility (35%) – the design solution can be
executed with available materials and technologies
24.2 Presentation Quality (15%) – the presentation of the design
solution is clear, elegant, legible, and convincing
24.3 Research (15%) – the design solution is predicated upon, and
supported by research
25. A DTI
Representative will observe the tallying process and verify the winning
26. The winning teams of every city will receive the following
26. 1 1st Prize: Php 50,000.00
26. 2 SoFA Design Institute and Goethe Institut Philippinen will
shoulder the 20% tax on prizes.
27. Only one (1) team will qualify for each city category.
28. An Awards Gala will be held on November 15, 2019.
29. Cash prizes will be released to the winning teams in check
form. The check will be addressed to the name of the participant as registered
on his/her Application Form.
30. Cash prizes will be split equally among the members of each
31. Cash prizes may be redeemed at SoFA Design Institute
(Finance Office – G/F Enzo Bldg. 399 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines
1209) until January 15, 2020.
32. To claim the cash prize, members of each winning team must
present a valid ID, and acknowledge receipt of the cash prize.
33. All design submissions related to the competition will be deemed property of SoFA Design Institute. Details of which, and other information related to the competition, including participants’ names, may be used for promotions during and after the competition.
34. SoFA Design Institute employees and current faculty and their relatives up to their third degree of affinity or consanguinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
35. Per DTI FTEB Permit No. ___________ Series of 2019.